Easter Steam Train Afternoon Tea (Staffordshire, Midlands) – Mad Hatters Tea Party
Tumble down the rabbit hole and discover the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Churnet Valley Railway this Easter.
Looking for Easter events in Staffordshire? Look no further than Churnet Valley Railway, where our delightfully whimsical trip to Wonderland awaits you- brought to you by the same team as the hugely successful Polar Express Train Ride.
Why not dress up as you join the most beloved characters from Wonderland for a truly thrilling tea party? The stories you know and love from Lewis Carroll’s beloved book series will come to life before your eyes. Meet the Queen of Hearts – make sure you don’t upset her, or it might be "off with your head"!
Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum will entertain with dancing, comedy and mischief, whilst Alice finds her journey through the train getting ‘curiouser and curiouser’ as the White Rabbit tells her about Wonderland – as well as continually lamenting his lateness of course.
This is an Alice in Wonderland Afternoon Tea like no other. You’ll become a part of the show as you are fully immersed in the stories of Wonderland, told by beloved characters including the Mad Hatter and March Hare.
Be treated like royalty as you are served some royal treats and, of course, a nice cup of tea (or a juice for the little ones!) whilst being entertained.
There will be meet and greet and photo opportunities with all of Wonderland’s inhabitants on the platform before the show, so make sure to keep your phones close at hand to capture the magic of Wonderland on your children's faces.
With entertainment throughout the trip and even a face painter* ready to give you a curious transformation, there is no better way to enhance your Easter holidays than joining the Mad Hatter's tea party.
The train ride lasts approximately 1 hour. Passengers will be taken on a round trip with no opportunity to leave the train before returning to the starting destination.
* face painter subject to availability
Dates & Times 2023 *
|07/04/23||10:30, 12:30, 14:30|
|08/04/23||10:30, 12:30, 14:30|
|09/04/23||10:30, 12:30, 14:30|
|10/04/23||10:30, 12:30, 14:30|
* All Trains Depart Froghall
|Child Ticket Aged 3 - 15||£15.00|
|Child Under 2 Ticket Aged 2 & under||£7.50|
SAT NAV Users
- Froghall Station ST10 2HA
- Q: Which characters are at the event?
- A: We have the Mad Hatter, March Hare, the White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, the Queen of Hearts, and of course Alice herself on the train.
- Q: Who receives the cake and drink?
- A: Everyone will receive their own box and drink. NB Allergies can only be catered for if notified in advance.
- Q: How Far Away Are You?
- We are approximately 30-minutes from Stoke-on-Trent
- We are approximately 30-minutes from Stafford
- We are approximately 30-minutes from Uttoxeter
- We are approximately 40-minutes from Congleton
- We are approximately 50-minutes from Macclesfield
- We are approximately 55-minutes from Burton-Upon-Trent
- Q: Does Everyone See All the Characters?
- A: Yes – the characters will visit each carriage where they will perform and interact with guests. There will also be photo opportunities (weather permitting) on the platform upon our return to Froghall.
- Q: Do We Need To Buy A Ticket For A Baby?
- A: We charge a reduced price of £7.50 for all children aged 0 – 2 years old. Those children who wish to have juice and cake can do so.
- Q: Are All Trains A Steam Hauled?
- A: All our services will be hauled by a steam locomotive, subject to availability. A diesel is included in the consist as back up, should a disruption occur during the day.
- Q: Is There Heating On The Train?
- A: All our trains are steam heated by our steam locomotive, subject to availability. Keeping everyone on board warm no matter the weather outside.
- Q: Is it fancy dress?
- A: Although it isn’t compulsory, we do encourage fancy dress.